How to do Networking and not die trying
The networking is a common practice in the business world and entrepreneur, which consists of establishing a professional network of contacts that allows us to get to know us and our business, have feedback from others and find potential partners, partners or investors .
Networking helps build long-term professional relationships that benefit both parties, but achieving a solid business relationship requires perseverance, work and discipline.
Some of the benefits of networking are the following:
- You can increase sales.
- You gain recommendations about your products or services.
- It helps you to have new strategies that you can implement in your business based on the experience of other people.
- Improve or expand your networks of business contacts.
- Financing meeting.
- Possible alliances or business partners.
The networking can be done in two ways, the first is the most traditional way, attending conferences, events, fairs, etc. In these places information, contacts, cards are exchanged and a relationship work is carried out, but the main obstacle of this strategy is the time that is invested, since for some entrepreneurs it is complicated.
The other way is by digital media because they have opened new channels of communication, it is enough to have a mobile device to gain time over time. Some of the mobile applications that can help you are:
- Linkedin: You can make a profile of your company and link it with companies or people with your same profile or interests.
- Google +: Although it is a social network, you can create your own network and circles to get more contacts.
- Twitter: It is a social network platform that allows its members to meet with groups united by the same interest, sometimes it can be very useful to be in contact with your professional network.
Another point of interest that you should take into account before networking is to make sure that both you and your company have a good image.
An image says more than a thousand words. Make sure that the image you project is consistent with your products or services. One of the main mistakes that many companies make is that they underestimate the perception of people, so before you start, evaluate yourself and ask yourself: Would you do business with someone like me?
We hope that these small tips will help you when making your networking and it is effective.